Welcome to the Southern Wildlife Network!

This is a great place for the bird lover and wildlife enthusiast alike. Please take a moment to read about our organization on the home page.

Join our free forum and be part of the community! Simply click the button at the button of this box labeled "Register" and follow the directions. You will need an active email address to complete the registration process.

VS Ryan
Founder/Administrator
Southern Wildlife Network
NWF Habitat Steward Host in Training!
Welcome to the Southern Wildlife Network!

This is a great place for the bird lover and wildlife enthusiast alike. Please take a moment to read about our organization on the home page.

Join our free forum and be part of the community! Simply click the button at the button of this box labeled "Register" and follow the directions. You will need an active email address to complete the registration process.

VS Ryan
Founder/Administrator
Southern Wildlife Network
NWF Habitat Steward Host in Training!
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Sparrow SquadHomeSearchLatest imagesRegisterLog in

Deluxe Repeating Sparrow Trap

Go down 
3 posters
AuthorMessage
Bret

Bret

Deluxe Repeating Sparrow Trap Empty
PostSubject: Deluxe Repeating Sparrow Trap   Deluxe Repeating Sparrow Trap EmptyMon Mar 01, 2010 1:46 pm

Hi again,
I saw that there was a link to this specific trap, but for those of you who do not have it, the Deluxe Repeating Sparrow Trap (www.sparrowtrap.net) is absolutely the way to go. It is my go-to trap on almost any HOSP situation. The price is not terribly expensive, and I think you'll find that once you buy it, it is "worth its weight in gold!"
Of course, you will be needing a decoy live sparrow in the trap at all times in order for it to work efficiently. Anyways, if you don't have this trap, please get it and I think you will be very happy and surprised.
Just a tip,
Bret
Back to top Go down
VS Ryan
Admin
VS Ryan

PostSubject: Re: Deluxe Repeating Sparrow Trap   Deluxe Repeating Sparrow Trap EmptyMon Mar 01, 2010 2:33 pm

That's true, that trap seems to be the trap of traps these days. A little too easy for me but it certainly does the trick.
Back to top Go down
http://www.sparrowsquad.com
CornyTraps

CornyTraps

PostSubject: Re: Deluxe Repeating Sparrow Trap   Deluxe Repeating Sparrow Trap EmptyFri Sep 17, 2010 10:06 am

I started my trapping progression by building a Deluxe Repeating Sparrow trap. It was easy enough to make and I was able to see its short comings.

Birds are scared of it. Unless the pivot is perfect you are going to make a lot of trap shy birds.

Birds flitting about in cage draw a lot of attention.

Neighbors notice the trap.

Catches and can stress out native birds.

Who wants to handle sparrows with their hands?

And now that you caught them what do you plan to do with them?

Its time to build a better trap.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Deluxe Repeating Sparrow Trap   Deluxe Repeating Sparrow Trap Empty

Back to top Go down

Deluxe Repeating Sparrow Trap
Page 1 of 1