Welcome to the Southern Wildlife Network!

This is a great place for the bird lover and wildlife enthusiast alike. Please take a moment to read about our organization on the home page.

Join our free forum and be part of the community! Simply click the button at the button of this box labeled "Register" and follow the directions. You will need an active email address to complete the registration process.

VS Ryan
Founder/Administrator
Southern Wildlife Network
NWF Habitat Steward Host in Training!
Welcome to the Southern Wildlife Network!

This is a great place for the bird lover and wildlife enthusiast alike. Please take a moment to read about our organization on the home page.

Join our free forum and be part of the community! Simply click the button at the button of this box labeled "Register" and follow the directions. You will need an active email address to complete the registration process.

VS Ryan
Founder/Administrator
Southern Wildlife Network
NWF Habitat Steward Host in Training!
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Sparrow SquadHomeSearchLatest imagesRegisterLog in

Sparrow calls!!!

Go down 
3 posters
AuthorMessage
CornyTraps

CornyTraps

Sparrow calls!!! Empty
PostSubject: Sparrow calls!!!   Sparrow calls!!! EmptyFri Sep 17, 2010 11:26 am

Work. I've downloaded some Wav's found on the web to my MP3 player and put them on repeat coming through a speaker on my porch. Some calls outright scare them away - like male nesting warbles - while others bring them in from a distance.

I've edited them in audacity to clean up background noise and that fails. Also copy pasted multiple simgle chirps to make a flock in a hedge. Also fail.

If there is food out they will start pecking around. And the Sparrow song from the old Petersons birds CD works best. There seems to be a lot of flocking in the hedges lately - a good recording of this or sparrows feeding peacefully might be helpful.

Back to top Go down
grosehexe

grosehexe

Sparrow calls!!! Empty
PostSubject: Re: Sparrow calls!!!   Sparrow calls!!! EmptyTue Sep 21, 2010 11:36 pm

I just recorded the sound off the videos I found on youtube of sparrows and flocks of sparrows. It does work to bring them in. But nothing works like the white bread on a ground....They show up in thousands... Basketball
Back to top Go down
VS Ryan
Admin
VS Ryan

Sparrow calls!!! Empty
PostSubject: Re: Sparrow calls!!!   Sparrow calls!!! EmptySat Sep 25, 2010 1:08 am

I think corny is wanting calls that deter them. As far as that's concerned I haven't heard of any that work consistantly because sparrows are too smart. Same reason most of the commercial deterrents don't work.

But hey, if you come up with a solid working idea let us know so you can have a control group!
Back to top Go down
http://www.sparrowsquad.com
CornyTraps

CornyTraps

Sparrow calls!!! Empty
PostSubject: Re: Sparrow calls!!!   Sparrow calls!!! EmptySat Sep 25, 2010 12:36 pm

You're right Ryan, good call. You are full of information!
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

Sparrow calls!!! Empty
PostSubject: Re: Sparrow calls!!!   Sparrow calls!!! Empty

Back to top Go down

Sparrow calls!!!
Page 1 of 1