Welcome to the Southern Wildlife Network!

This is a great place for the bird lover and wildlife enthusiast alike. Please take a moment to read about our organization on the home page.

Join our free forum and be part of the community! Simply click the button at the button of this box labeled "Register" and follow the directions. You will need an active email address to complete the registration process.

VS Ryan
Founder/Administrator
Southern Wildlife Network
NWF Habitat Steward Host in Training!
Welcome to the Southern Wildlife Network!

This is a great place for the bird lover and wildlife enthusiast alike. Please take a moment to read about our organization on the home page.

Join our free forum and be part of the community! Simply click the button at the button of this box labeled "Register" and follow the directions. You will need an active email address to complete the registration process.

VS Ryan
Founder/Administrator
Southern Wildlife Network
NWF Habitat Steward Host in Training!
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Sparrow SquadHomeSearchLatest imagesRegisterLog in

National Invasive Species Council

Go down 
5 posters
AuthorMessage
VS Ryan
Admin
VS Ryan

National Invasive Species Council Empty
PostSubject: National Invasive Species Council   National Invasive Species Council EmptySun Feb 28, 2010 3:21 pm

I know that sometimes the other team asks for scientific evidence to support our claims in hopes that we will fold or buckles under the pressure, but here is a nice piece of scientific evaluation from the gavernment that will help you:

http://www.dnr.state.wi.us/invasives/classification/pdfs/LR_EnglishSparrow.pdf

This document breaks it down line by line for them to better understand things. Personally I think they already understand but at least you will be able to block that attack.

And read this:

http://www.dnr.state.wi.us/invasives/classification/pdfs/GRF_EnglishSparrow.pdf

The government agency responsible for this species admits there is a problem and admits that public education would be beneficial yet they do nothing. They even say they will do nothing in this document simply because the numbers are too large. If you ask me, if anyone would be able to educate the public it would be the government, but I suppose we will have to do it ourselves.

Here is the document for starlings:

http://www.dnr.state.wi.us/invasives/classification/pdfs/LR_EuropeanStarling.pdf
Back to top Go down
http://www.sparrowsquad.com
wethereckoning

PostSubject: Re: National Invasive Species Council   National Invasive Species Council EmptySun Feb 28, 2010 3:47 pm

This is good stuff thanks for posting it. I get attacked by people all the time askin about proof.
Back to top Go down
HospHater

PostSubject: Re: National Invasive Species Council   National Invasive Species Council EmptySun Feb 28, 2010 3:54 pm

Very cool, this will come in handy.
Back to top Go down
Monty

Monty

PostSubject: Re: National Invasive Species Council   National Invasive Species Council EmptySun Feb 28, 2010 5:26 pm

Wow! That needs to be posted on the Birds and Blooms board(s). If they won't listen to/read anything from those of us they consider "the enemy", then perhaps they would accept official data. Doubt it, but I'd like to hear their argument then.

150 million sparrows and 200 million starlings.... makes my skin crawl! What would the world be like if we had those kinds of numbers in our native birds?! Wow!
Back to top Go down
VS Ryan
Admin
VS Ryan

PostSubject: Re: National Invasive Species Council   National Invasive Species Council EmptySun Feb 28, 2010 8:07 pm

I thought about that too Monty though I think it would have greater impact if they start it and we respond with that. Since we are the unpopular ones we have to be tactful about it so they don't just gang up and shut down intellivent debate. I will say that it is certainly tempting!

On a positive note that document mentions that the sparrow population has decreased over time which can only mean that there are alot more of us out there than we know. Now we just have to find them!
Back to top Go down
http://www.sparrowsquad.com
Monty

Monty

PostSubject: Re: National Invasive Species Council   National Invasive Species Council EmptySun Feb 28, 2010 9:33 pm

True, Ryan, very true... about both thoughts. Wouldn't it be great to find all of them out there? What a rush!
Back to top Go down
Paleface

Paleface

PostSubject: Re: National Invasive Species Council   National Invasive Species Council EmptySun Aug 01, 2010 8:40 pm

I'm late seeing this post yet tried to open those links. All I got were a blank pages. Have they been moved or deleted or is it my laptop ???
Back to top Go down
http://jean-livingsimple.blogspot.com/
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: National Invasive Species Council   National Invasive Species Council Empty

Back to top Go down

National Invasive Species Council
Page 1 of 1