Welcome to the Southern Wildlife Network!

This is a great place for the bird lover and wildlife enthusiast alike. Please take a moment to read about our organization on the home page.

Join our free forum and be part of the community! Simply click the button at the button of this box labeled "Register" and follow the directions. You will need an active email address to complete the registration process.

VS Ryan
Founder/Administrator
Southern Wildlife Network
NWF Habitat Steward Host in Training!
Welcome to the Southern Wildlife Network!

This is a great place for the bird lover and wildlife enthusiast alike. Please take a moment to read about our organization on the home page.

Join our free forum and be part of the community! Simply click the button at the button of this box labeled "Register" and follow the directions. You will need an active email address to complete the registration process.

VS Ryan
Founder/Administrator
Southern Wildlife Network
NWF Habitat Steward Host in Training!
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Sparrow SquadHomeSearchLatest imagesRegisterLog in

Thanks Ryan!!!

Go down 
3 posters
AuthorMessage
Paleface

Paleface

Thanks Ryan!!! Empty
PostSubject: Thanks Ryan!!!   Thanks Ryan!!! EmptyMon Mar 22, 2010 7:05 pm

I wish to thank Ryan for posting the link to my Blog on the big Banner. I really do appreciate all that have and/or will visit it.

BTW.....Ryan is my first Guest Poster. He graciously wrote an excellent article on House Sparrows, Starlings, and Cowbirds.

Check it out!

Jean
The Joy of Bird Watching and Living a Simple Life
Back to top Go down
http://jean-livingsimple.blogspot.com/
VS Ryan
Admin
VS Ryan

Thanks Ryan!!! Empty
PostSubject: Re: Thanks Ryan!!!   Thanks Ryan!!! EmptyTue Mar 23, 2010 1:14 pm

It was my pleasure!
Back to top Go down
http://www.sparrowsquad.com
Monty

Monty

Thanks Ryan!!! Empty
PostSubject: Re: Thanks Ryan!!!   Thanks Ryan!!! EmptySun Mar 28, 2010 8:51 am

Ryan,

This is my own, personal, thank you, as well. I was just on B&B, and read the posts to and from Snoogs and the others. This has nothing to do with their feelings on the birds. I just wrote to Jean to tell her I probably won't returning to B&B for various reasons.

But, to you, Thank You. You have given all of us a great site that we can come to, to feel comfortable on, discuss any aspect of birds/birding on without being judged or attacked. We may have disagreements, but they are quickly dispelled. It's just a good, comfortable place to be, and I, speaking for myself, really appreciate what you've begun here.

I wrote this analogy to Jean recently, concerning the B&B board. I feel like we, who frequent this site, are the human form of Bluebirds, and the others are House sparrows. Example: if you've ever seen a squabble between sparrows, two males are doing the fighting, but others come from everywhere to watch/get in on the action. Bluebirds will simply flap at each other, do a little biting, scratching, whatever, then go their separate ways. Fight's over. But a sparrow, it is out to destroy its competitor, biting, gnawing, pecking until death.

That's how I've felt. I've made a few comments on my methods, and suddenly, here's an entire forum of people pecking and gnawing at me until I leave, never to return. Draw your own conclusions to this analogy.

Anyway. Thank You, Ryan. I'd love to meet you face to face some day.

With Best Regards,

Monty
Back to top Go down
VS Ryan
Admin
VS Ryan

Thanks Ryan!!! Empty
PostSubject: Re: Thanks Ryan!!!   Thanks Ryan!!! EmptySun Mar 28, 2010 3:17 pm

Well Monty, it was for you and Jean and people like us that I started this forum (aside from attempting to educate the public). Wildlife management is and always will be controversial and there will always be people that hate us for that, but that doesn't mean we should stop. All this means is that we have no choice but to work together. It would be great if all of us on all sides could work together but that isn't a common occurrance.

As long as we try to remain as professional as possible with these people and keep our heads up, I think eventually we will come up with something that works. Until then, I welcome you to come here to get away from it all.

Thanks again for the kind words Monty, the pleasure is mine.
Back to top Go down
http://www.sparrowsquad.com
Sponsored content

Thanks Ryan!!! Empty
PostSubject: Re: Thanks Ryan!!!   Thanks Ryan!!! Empty

Back to top Go down

Thanks Ryan!!!
Page 1 of 1