Welcome to the Southern Wildlife Network!

This is a great place for the bird lover and wildlife enthusiast alike. Please take a moment to read about our organization on the home page.

Join our free forum and be part of the community! Simply click the button at the button of this box labeled "Register" and follow the directions. You will need an active email address to complete the registration process.

VS Ryan
Founder/Administrator
Southern Wildlife Network
NWF Habitat Steward Host in Training!
Welcome to the Southern Wildlife Network!

This is a great place for the bird lover and wildlife enthusiast alike. Please take a moment to read about our organization on the home page.

Join our free forum and be part of the community! Simply click the button at the button of this box labeled "Register" and follow the directions. You will need an active email address to complete the registration process.

VS Ryan
Founder/Administrator
Southern Wildlife Network
NWF Habitat Steward Host in Training!
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Sparrow SquadHomeSearchLatest imagesRegisterLog in

hole in the shed, it worked!

Go down 
3 posters
AuthorMessage
Monty

Monty

hole in the shed, it worked! Empty
PostSubject: hole in the shed, it worked!   hole in the shed, it worked! EmptySat Mar 06, 2010 9:21 am

I've been watching out the window all morning, watching the hole in the shed, and have seen nothing. I got my workclothes on to go outside and begin building --a friend has commissioned a small bat house. When I stepped out onto the back porch, I noticed the shiney metal door on the starling trap was down, signifying the trap was sprung.

Figured it was just a sparrow. Caught a few in it hanging on the shed last year. Went out, but didn't hear anything banging around trying to get out, until.... When I moved the trap to check it, I heard the racket. Having shut the shed door in case "whatever" I caught got out, I opened it. It was big! I pulled it out and it was my first starling of the year! Excellent!

My new strategy worked! hahahahahahahahaha I couldn't be happier!
Back to top Go down
VS Ryan
Admin
VS Ryan

PostSubject: Re: hole in the shed, it worked!   hole in the shed, it worked! EmptySat Mar 06, 2010 12:50 pm

Good job!

It's nice when things work like they're supposed to. One less nestling killer out there!
Back to top Go down
http://www.sparrowsquad.com
Woodlandgal

PostSubject: Re: hole in the shed, it worked!   hole in the shed, it worked! EmptyTue Mar 09, 2010 1:03 pm

Way to go, Monty!
Back to top Go down
Monty

Monty

PostSubject: Re: hole in the shed, it worked!   hole in the shed, it worked! EmptyTue Apr 06, 2010 8:43 pm

Well, well, well... So far, I've caught three starlings, and two male sparrows in the large box-trap that is installed inside the shed. Now, if I can only get rid of the sparrows out by mom's. Perhaps I can get out there some time this weekend and fix that problem.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: hole in the shed, it worked!   hole in the shed, it worked! Empty

Back to top Go down

hole in the shed, it worked!
Page 1 of 1

Permissions in this forum:You cannot reply to topics in this forum
 :: Bird Discussion :: Invasive Bird Species Management-
Jump to:  

web counter html code
Create a forum | ©phpBB | Free forum support | Report an abuse | Forumotion.com