Welcome to the Southern Wildlife Network!

This is a great place for the bird lover and wildlife enthusiast alike. Please take a moment to read about our organization on the home page.

Join our free forum and be part of the community! Simply click the button at the button of this box labeled "Register" and follow the directions. You will need an active email address to complete the registration process.

VS Ryan
Founder/Administrator
Southern Wildlife Network
NWF Habitat Steward Host in Training!
Welcome to the Southern Wildlife Network!

This is a great place for the bird lover and wildlife enthusiast alike. Please take a moment to read about our organization on the home page.

Join our free forum and be part of the community! Simply click the button at the button of this box labeled "Register" and follow the directions. You will need an active email address to complete the registration process.

VS Ryan
Founder/Administrator
Southern Wildlife Network
NWF Habitat Steward Host in Training!
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Sparrow SquadHomeSearchLatest imagesRegisterLog in

Trapping Sparrows

Go down 
3 posters
AuthorMessage
mitchellres

Trapping Sparrows Empty
PostSubject: Trapping Sparrows   Trapping Sparrows EmptyMon Mar 01, 2010 5:11 pm

Hello everyone, it was nice to find this website and to find others that feel the same way about these non native pests!!
Back to top Go down
Monty

Monty

Trapping Sparrows Empty
PostSubject: Re: Trapping Sparrows   Trapping Sparrows EmptyMon Mar 01, 2010 6:26 pm

You've come to the right place! There are alot of us who feel the same way. We've been on other sites/boards, and most have been made to feel like the toys on the Island of Misfits. The other people (the bleeding hearts) treat us as though we have something wrong with us for the way we think and feel.

For some reason, they don't understand that we're trying to do a good thing by ridding the native cavity nesting birds/songbirds of unnatural competitors. They feel it is "nature's way" that this competition happens. That, if a bluebird loses its life and/or the lives of its young to these other birds, that that is "okay". I guess they feel "bad" for the loss, but desire to do nothing about it.

Personally, that way of thinking infuriates me, as does what the other birds do. When I catch house sparrows or starlings, I separate the head from the shoulders, thus, there is no chance for them to escape.
Back to top Go down
VS Ryan
Admin
VS Ryan

Trapping Sparrows Empty
PostSubject: Re: Trapping Sparrows   Trapping Sparrows EmptyMon Mar 01, 2010 7:41 pm

Couldn't have said it better myself Monty.

Welcome to the squad, I'm sure you will enjoy your stay!
Back to top Go down
http://www.sparrowsquad.com
Sponsored content

Trapping Sparrows Empty
PostSubject: Re: Trapping Sparrows   Trapping Sparrows Empty

Back to top Go down

Trapping Sparrows
Page 1 of 1