Welcome to the Southern Wildlife Network!

This is a great place for the bird lover and wildlife enthusiast alike. Please take a moment to read about our organization on the home page.

Join our free forum and be part of the community! Simply click the button at the button of this box labeled "Register" and follow the directions. You will need an active email address to complete the registration process.

VS Ryan
Founder/Administrator
Southern Wildlife Network
NWF Habitat Steward Host in Training!
Welcome to the Southern Wildlife Network!

This is a great place for the bird lover and wildlife enthusiast alike. Please take a moment to read about our organization on the home page.

Join our free forum and be part of the community! Simply click the button at the button of this box labeled "Register" and follow the directions. You will need an active email address to complete the registration process.

VS Ryan
Founder/Administrator
Southern Wildlife Network
NWF Habitat Steward Host in Training!
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Sparrow SquadHomeSearchLatest imagesRegisterLog in

North American Revenge?

Go down 
AuthorMessage
VS Ryan
Admin
VS Ryan

North American Revenge? Empty
PostSubject: North American Revenge?   North American Revenge? EmptyTue Feb 23, 2010 1:27 pm

I just found this story and that I should share it as it doesn shed some lite on the issue. It is true, our Eastern Gray squirrel was introduced to England, and now it's destroying England's Red squirrel populations. Well at least they can hunt and eat the gray squirrels, what are we supposed to do with the sparrows?

http://www.wickedlocal.com/falmouth/news/x692836755/Ask-the-Bird-Folks-Revenge-of-the-English-sparrow

By Mike O’Connor
Cape Codder
Posted Feb 22, 2010 @ 10:01 AM
CAPE COD —

Dear Bird Folks, As I prepare for another year of trying to keep those nasty English Sparrows from evicting or killing my bluebirds, I started wondering if any species from this side of the Atlantic has ever been brought over to England. And if so, is it causing headaches over there like the English Sparrow is here?

–Diane, Cooperstown, N.Y.
Back to top Go down
http://www.sparrowsquad.com

North American Revenge?
Page 1 of 1

Permissions in this forum:You cannot reply to topics in this forum
 :: Bird Discussion :: Invasive Bird Species Management-
Jump to:  

web counter html code
Make a forum | ©phpBB | Free forum support | Report an abuse | Forumotion.com