Welcome to the Southern Wildlife Network!

This is a great place for the bird lover and wildlife enthusiast alike. Please take a moment to read about our organization on the home page.

Join our free forum and be part of the community! Simply click the button at the button of this box labeled "Register" and follow the directions. You will need an active email address to complete the registration process.

VS Ryan
Founder/Administrator
Southern Wildlife Network
NWF Habitat Steward Host in Training!
Welcome to the Southern Wildlife Network!

This is a great place for the bird lover and wildlife enthusiast alike. Please take a moment to read about our organization on the home page.

Join our free forum and be part of the community! Simply click the button at the button of this box labeled "Register" and follow the directions. You will need an active email address to complete the registration process.

VS Ryan
Founder/Administrator
Southern Wildlife Network
NWF Habitat Steward Host in Training!
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Sparrow SquadHomeSearchLatest imagesRegisterLog in

another site

Go down 
2 posters
AuthorMessage
Monty

Monty

another site Empty
PostSubject: another site   another site EmptyThu Apr 01, 2010 9:01 pm

I just "reviewed" another bluebird site, posted by someone on B&B. It is www.bluebirdsforever.com. It's a nice site, but I didn't see any extensive guidelines for dealing with house sparrows. It said, if you find a sparrow nest --and described how they look-- remove it immediately. However, it gave no suggestions for future sparrow problems. And, what surprised me was, the site did mention, "Sparrows may even kill bluebirds just to take over the nestbox." Why that surprises me is, for this person to be very passive, yet the person posted a site that says, "sparrows may even kill bluebirds."

So few of the people on BW believe that sparrows will just wantonly kill bluebirds, for the nest site or not, they just won't accept/believe it. Yet, there it is, in "black and white".

Going out to check on the trail some time tomorrow. Lots of deer mice to deal with... before the birds start nesting.

Monty
Back to top Go down
VS Ryan
Admin
VS Ryan

another site Empty
PostSubject: Re: another site   another site EmptyWed Apr 07, 2010 2:30 am

Ah well, nothing we haven't dealt with before!
Back to top Go down
http://www.sparrowsquad.com

another site
Page 1 of 1