Welcome to the Southern Wildlife Network!

This is a great place for the bird lover and wildlife enthusiast alike. Please take a moment to read about our organization on the home page.

Join our free forum and be part of the community! Simply click the button at the button of this box labeled "Register" and follow the directions. You will need an active email address to complete the registration process.

VS Ryan
Founder/Administrator
Southern Wildlife Network
NWF Habitat Steward Host in Training!
Welcome to the Southern Wildlife Network!

This is a great place for the bird lover and wildlife enthusiast alike. Please take a moment to read about our organization on the home page.

Join our free forum and be part of the community! Simply click the button at the button of this box labeled "Register" and follow the directions. You will need an active email address to complete the registration process.

VS Ryan
Founder/Administrator
Southern Wildlife Network
NWF Habitat Steward Host in Training!
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Sparrow SquadHomeSearchLatest imagesRegisterLog in

Hello from Kansas

Go down 
3 posters
AuthorMessage
margee2

Hello from Kansas Empty
PostSubject: Hello from Kansas   Hello from Kansas EmptyMon Mar 22, 2010 10:46 am

Hello from Kansas. I live 75 miles S of Kansas City. I have a Bluebird trail of 21 boxes & last year had 77 bluebird nestlings fledge. I have had a bluebird trail since 1998 & learned that one cannot have bluebirds & house sparrows together. I wondered what had happened to Monty as didn't see any posts from him on the Reiman bird watching board. Visited it last night & found this great site. Jean, my husband builds my birdhouses for me using the Peterson box plans. We use a l 3/8" hole for the nestbox opening. I have also begun using some slot boxes from plans developed by the Pittsburg, Kansas Audubon Society. They work well in sparrow infested areas. I haven't noticed any sparrows yet in my yard, but the neighbor already has sparrows sitting on top of her bluebird houses. Time to get rid of them.
Back to top Go down
VS Ryan
Admin
VS Ryan

Hello from Kansas Empty
PostSubject: Re: Hello from Kansas   Hello from Kansas EmptyMon Mar 22, 2010 2:03 pm

Welcome to the site Margee, sounds like you've done well with the bluebirds!
Back to top Go down
http://www.sparrowsquad.com
Paleface

Paleface

Hello from Kansas Empty
PostSubject: Welcome!   Hello from Kansas EmptyMon Mar 22, 2010 7:15 pm

Hi Margee,

It's good to see you have joined! I envy your sizable Bluebird Trail. I only have 3 nestboxes in my yard. So...I only have room for one pair of Bluebirds maybe two.

I am looking forward to learning from you along with the others who have more experience than I do with HOSP.

Jean
Back to top Go down
http://jean-livingsimple.blogspot.com/
Sponsored content

Hello from Kansas Empty
PostSubject: Re: Hello from Kansas   Hello from Kansas Empty

Back to top Go down

Hello from Kansas
Page 1 of 1

Permissions in this forum:You cannot reply to topics in this forum
 :: Welcome New Members :: Introductions-
Jump to: