Welcome to the Southern Wildlife Network!

This is a great place for the bird lover and wildlife enthusiast alike. Please take a moment to read about our organization on the home page.

Join our free forum and be part of the community! Simply click the button at the button of this box labeled "Register" and follow the directions. You will need an active email address to complete the registration process.

VS Ryan
Founder/Administrator
Southern Wildlife Network
NWF Habitat Steward Host in Training!
Welcome to the Southern Wildlife Network!

This is a great place for the bird lover and wildlife enthusiast alike. Please take a moment to read about our organization on the home page.

Join our free forum and be part of the community! Simply click the button at the button of this box labeled "Register" and follow the directions. You will need an active email address to complete the registration process.

VS Ryan
Founder/Administrator
Southern Wildlife Network
NWF Habitat Steward Host in Training!
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Sparrow SquadHomeSearchLatest imagesRegisterLog in

Hello from Bret

Go down 
4 posters
AuthorMessage
Bret

Bret

Hello from Bret Empty
PostSubject: Hello from Bret   Hello from Bret EmptySun Feb 28, 2010 6:13 pm

Hello Everyone,
I'm very glad to have been informed about this great site! It sometimes seems that there aren't many people out there who understand the importance of taking care of our native birds. I have worked with western bluebirds for the past 5 years, and having fledged over 600 since the beginning, I would say that my program with 50 nestbox has been quite successful. I have informed neighbors to be on the look-out for HOSP and have even gotten chain-stores like Costco to bird-proof the crevices on the outsides of their buildings.
I rely on the deluxe repeating sparrow trap and the VanErt style traps to eliminate any HOSP problems I have. The repeating trap is foolproof as long as you have a live decoy bird in the cage to act as a lure to the other HOSP. I have caught over 300 HOSP since 2006 and nearly 100 starlings as well....very happy native birds in those areas now!
I look forward to being an active member and hearing about everyone's success.
Thank you,
Bret
Back to top Go down
Monty

Monty

Hello from Bret Empty
PostSubject: Re: Hello from Bret   Hello from Bret EmptySun Feb 28, 2010 6:21 pm

Wonderful! Welcome Bret. I think we're building an army.

Monty
Back to top Go down
VS Ryan
Admin
VS Ryan

Hello from Bret Empty
PostSubject: Re: Hello from Bret   Hello from Bret EmptySun Feb 28, 2010 7:54 pm

You've been busy! We are glad to have you and welcome to the squad!

Monty I hope you're right, the other siide has an army so we will need one too if we are going to get anything done.
Back to top Go down
http://www.sparrowsquad.com
Painfully Pink

Painfully Pink

Hello from Bret Empty
PostSubject: welcome   Hello from Bret EmptySun Feb 28, 2010 9:24 pm

Very Happy
Back to top Go down
Monty

Monty

Hello from Bret Empty
PostSubject: Re: Hello from Bret   Hello from Bret EmptySun Feb 28, 2010 9:45 pm

Oh, I think it'll be quicker and easier than you might think. I had several people backing/supporting me on the B&B board. In fact, when one person from the other army rampaged on a more mild-mannered person who'd asked a simple question, someone had posted, "Monty, where are you?!" hahahahaaha I guess they needed someone who would fire back, with more fact than fiction.

Yes, I loved stirring the pot. But some of them got overly emotional and down right rude. We'll have our army.
Back to top Go down
VS Ryan
Admin
VS Ryan

Hello from Bret Empty
PostSubject: Re: Hello from Bret   Hello from Bret EmptyTue Mar 02, 2010 5:24 pm

So this is like the Bravehart of bird control? Ha!
Back to top Go down
Monty

Monty

Hello from Bret Empty
PostSubject: Re: Hello from Bret   Hello from Bret EmptyTue Mar 02, 2010 7:10 pm

You better believe it! I can't wait until this weekend. Supposed to have 50's, and you better know that the traps will be out. I'm ready to get my hands dirty.

Oh, there were a few people on the other board that said, "If you have house sparrows that you don't want, don't kill them, send them to me, I like them." I'd love for these people to put fences around AND over their property so the little buggars can't get out, then do just that.. send them to them... forever! hahahahahaahahahahaha
Back to top Go down
VS Ryan
Admin
VS Ryan

Hello from Bret Empty
PostSubject: Re: Hello from Bret   Hello from Bret EmptyTue Mar 02, 2010 8:04 pm

Good luck!

You're right, if they want them they can have them in seclusion. Once the mites take over their house and their kids contract the hanta virus they will change their minds.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

Hello from Bret Empty
PostSubject: Re: Hello from Bret   Hello from Bret Empty

Back to top Go down

Hello from Bret
Page 1 of 1

Permissions in this forum:You cannot reply to topics in this forum
 :: Welcome New Members :: Introductions-
Jump to:  

web counter html code