Welcome to the Southern Wildlife Network!

This is a great place for the bird lover and wildlife enthusiast alike. Please take a moment to read about our organization on the home page.

Join our free forum and be part of the community! Simply click the button at the button of this box labeled "Register" and follow the directions. You will need an active email address to complete the registration process.

VS Ryan
Founder/Administrator
Southern Wildlife Network
NWF Habitat Steward Host in Training!
Welcome to the Southern Wildlife Network!

This is a great place for the bird lover and wildlife enthusiast alike. Please take a moment to read about our organization on the home page.

Join our free forum and be part of the community! Simply click the button at the button of this box labeled "Register" and follow the directions. You will need an active email address to complete the registration process.

VS Ryan
Founder/Administrator
Southern Wildlife Network
NWF Habitat Steward Host in Training!
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Sparrow SquadHomeSearchLatest imagesRegisterLog in

Ryan's first trap became a deadfall

Go down 
AuthorMessage
VS Ryan
Admin
VS Ryan

Ryan's first trap became a deadfall Empty
PostSubject: Ryan's first trap became a deadfall   Ryan's first trap became a deadfall EmptyThu Feb 25, 2010 6:00 pm

Well I took the bottom screen off and used it as a sort of dead fall. You know the type, one end of the box is propped up and you pull whatever is propping it up away to set the trap.

Well after a long frustrating struggle we captured 2 at one time, a male and a female. They were both killed on impact as opposed to being trapped alive, but that just saves me some hassle. My worries were right though, no setting this trap when other birds are under it. The good thing is that if you want males (which I did) you can wait for males. Video coming soon!
Back to top Go down
http://www.sparrowsquad.com

Ryan's first trap became a deadfall
Page 1 of 1